Jill spent her life trying to control her sensitive emotions and reactions. The demands of being a military wife and mom added extra pressure, and she found that alcohol helped. After the 911 attacks, her relationship will alcohol escalated, as the aftermath of that day impacted her family. When Jill quit drinking, she learned about the concept of the ‘highly sensitive person’ and understood herself differently.
- Resources discussed in this episode include:
- Allen Carr’s “Easy Way to Quit Drinking“
- Elaine Aron’s book “The Highly Sensitive Person”
- “Drink” by Ann Dowsett Johnston
- UnPickled Holiday Survival Guide by Jean McCarthy
- The Ember Ever There by Jean McCarthy
(This post includes Amazon affiliate links)